Is it just me or is stress becoming an integral part of everyday life? It seems like everywhere you go people are more stressed than ever before. Maybe it is because the world is speeding up? Information is transmitted faster and people are used having access to the things they need in a short amount of time which lowers attention spans and patience.
As I walk outside through the morning traffic, I hear car horns and I see people losing their minds in their vehicles. Up the road is a car that is butting its way in front of another just to get to work a fraction of a second sooner in the line of traffic that’s moving 2mph.
Is this life as we know it? How can you keep from being rattled by such insignificant things in life? Here’s a few suggestions:
1) If you take a lunch to work, pack it the night before.
2) Wake up 5 or 10 minutes earlier. You will be in less of a hurry and your day will be far less stressful.
3) Know the situation you will face before you leave your home and realize that is the way things are going to be today. There is no point getting out into the morning traffic and saying “Oh great, just what I needed…a traffic jam!”. What did you expect to find?! It happens everyday so you had best deal!
4) Take the time to look out your window at home or at work to appreciate something in nature. Admiring nature will help remind you of the true speed of the world and it will ease that tension that you may be feeling.
5) Make a point of doing something you enjoy each and every day. Whether it is a hobby or spending time with friends or family, you should always make time for this type of interaction!
Finally, stress exists only because you let it. You are the one that experiences stress which means that your brain is responsible for manifesting stress. Believe it or not, you can control stress and you never have to feel it again if you don’t want to.
Take it easy and try not to let those little things bother you! Best of luck.